Upon receiving a referral from the veterinarian, the Care Coordinator will contact the pet owner and schedule a visit. The initial visit will include:
- Assessing the pet owner’s concerns and expectations regarding the care of their pet
- Addressing the three levels of hospice comfort care: emotional, social and physical for both the pet patient and the family
- Initiating a comprehensive plan of care specific to the pet’s needs and honoring the wishes of the pet owner.
- Utilizing tools to assess pet’s quality of life and pain management.
- Reviewing directives given by the referring veterinarian
- Describing the roles of multidisciplinary team members available to pet owners
- Coordinating visits by team members as requested by pet owner
- Providing support, education and guidance for families.
- Scheduling a follow-up visit based on the pet’s disease process and the needs of the family.
- *If requested a Spiritual Care consult is included with no additional cost
2-HOUR INITIAL VISIT: $350
If visit goes beyond two hours each additional hour is $100
FOLLOW-UP CARE COORDINATOR VISITS: $100 per visit
The Care Coordinator schedules a follow-up visit during the initial visit.
Additional visits will occur based on the disease process and the needs of the patient and family.